There are many strategies to keep cool during summer, though in your home, the two most familiar techniques are using window air conditioning or central air conditioning. And while most homeowners may have their preferences, it is good to know which is optimal for your home. So, Xenia Heating & Air wants you to know some pros and cons of central air conditioning vs. window air conditioning, to help you better discern what the best fit for your home is.
What Are The Cons Of Central AC?
- Ductwork: With central air conditioning, you have to have ductwork professionally installed and maintained to keep the air within your home sufficiently clean. Putting in ductwork requires renovating your home, which can get costly. It’s not a bad investment, but it does require a reasonable budget.
- Cost: Central air conditioning can get pricey, especially when adding up the expenses of installation, operation, and maintenance/repairs.
What Are The Cons Of Window AC?
- Filtration: Window air conditioners can filter pollutants, but central AC does it better. Because of this, if you have allergies or asthma, it is a good idea to stick with central air conditioning.
- Hot Spots: Window air conditioners don’t distribute cool air evenly through your home the way central AC does, so temperatures fluctuate, which can be annoying.
What Are The Perks Of Central AC?
- Features: Central air conditioning has some conveniences that a window AC does not. For example, central AC possesses the capacity to control humidity levels in your home. Cooling Capacity: You won’t get hot spots with this type of air conditioning, allowing you to stay comfortable and cool throughout your household.
- Efficiency: Central air conditioning cools your home quickly and quietly, which is a bonus.
- Cooling Capacity: Central AC cools all over your household, while a window AC only cools nearby areas.
What Are The Perks Of Window AC?
- Simpler Install: Central air conditioning requires professional installation; window air conditioners do not, so if you need any help, don’t attempt it alone!
- Energy Savings: Window ACs give you freedom over where you most need your AC, which can help conserve energy.
- Money Savings: Window air conditioners are inexpensive compared to central air.
Central air tends to be the popular choice, but it is okay if you opt for window units. However, do note that cooling down multiple rooms with window air conditioning will not save you much money, mainly if you live in a larger home. If you have any further questions or concerns, call Xenia Heating & Air today at (937) 708-8451, or schedule an appointment online now by clicking here! We sincerely want you to stay comfortable in your home environment, so count on us for your HVAC needs!